This four-class series will teach you all you need to know about setting up and using a small studio. Students will learn the basics of lighting equipment, lighting styles and posing. Students will have an opportunity to work with a wide variety of the latest studio lighting equipment and a model. A DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses is required for this class.
Weeks 2-4 of this class are hands-on, so be sure to bring your camera with freshly charged battery and a memory card. All other necessary equipment is provided.
“I’ve been thinking about what a pleasure it was to take Studio Lighting with you and John. You are gifted teachers and great people. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with me! I’m really looking forward to taking another workshop with the two of you, I learned so much in such a short time!”
- Types of studio light
- Essentials of portrait lighting
- Light modifiers
- Setting up a basic studio
- Light meters
- Small class size with lots of shooting time
- Models to photograph in weeks 2-4 of the class
- All lighting equipment provided
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses
- Lenses (in the range 50 – 200 mm)
- Photo 2 or equivalent skills